Declan Fitzgerald is the owner-manager of Enact, a work psychology driven consultancy enabling high performance in individuals and teams. Declan has extensive experience in delivering Solutions Focused Coaching, Career
Guidance, Assessment Centres and managing Professional Development Events.
After completing a Masters in Applied Psychology (UCD) Declan was the first consultant employed by SHL, Occupational Psychologists when they opened their Irish Office (1990). During the 1990′s he supported clients using diverse psychometric and assessment centre tools including piloting a corporate culture survey with a number of organisations including Mallinckrodt.
Declan has worked on over 150 projects involving assessment and organisational change with diverse clients. In 2000 Declan prepared the “Turnover and Retention Report” for the Civil Service Commission which proved central to the Public Jobs strategy for attracting employees into the Civil Service in the following years. In the last 10 years Declan has worked as on organisational transformation projects with Wyeth Medica (Pfizer), FAS and Diageo. These projects have involved significant talent management and employee engagement elements. Declan has also project managed large scale organisational changes in the public sector including the roll out of PMDS in the Department of Defence and Department of the Environment as well as in ESB (Quality Conversations) and Takeda.
In recent years he has worked at a senior level in organisations such as Abbott, ESB and the GSK, where he has been trusted to facilitate strategic planning workshop for senior leaders. Declan has accumulated a wealth of skills and experience in organisational change methods including the use of survey results and the evalutaion of critical business metrics. His experience enables him to communication credibly with senior executives and get buy in to organisational change or development from the top down. Clients will testify that Declan is a project manager who brings professional credibility and a strong results focus to projects.
- Chartered Occupational Psychologist/ 22 years Practitioner Experience, Masters Degree in Psychology (UCD 1984), SHL Training Academy (1990-1993), Certificate in Training Practice/ Certificate in Learning & Development (CIPD 2008)
Project Management Experience:
- Civil Service Commission ”Turnover and Retention Survey”
- FÁS Community Employment- Facilitating Quality Assured Learning
- Diageo (Demand and Supply)- Values and Core Capabilities
- Ulster Bank (First Active)- Talent Management and Development Consultancy
- Wyeth Medica- Internal communication & Talent Management Review